|Superior Court of CaliforniaCounty of Tulare General Usage Wireless Access Policy
The Court provides a free Internet access point or "hot spot" for the benefit of the Public, Jurors, and Justice Partners (during normal business hours) who have portable computers capable of receiving wireless signals. This access point will allow users to access the Internet from their laptop computers when sitting within range of the access point at all of the Court Facilities.
COURT STAFF WILL NOT PROVIDE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE.
STAFF WILL NOT ASSIST IN MAKING CHANGES TO THE USER'S NETWORK SETTINGS OR
PERFORM ANY TROUBLESHOOTING ON THE USER'S OWN COMPUTER.
All USERS are expected to use the wireless access in a legal and responsible manner.
While using this wireless access, users should not violate federal, State of California, or local laws, including those relating to:
- The transmission or receiving of any pornography or harmful material ‐ Accessing or displaying obscene language or sexually explicit graphics or materials is prohibited.
- Fraud – All users are prohibited from misrepresenting themselves as another user, attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others, seeking unauthorized access to any computer system, or damaging or altering software components of any network or database.
- Downloading copyrighted material ‐ U.S. copyright law prohibits the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted materials, except as permitted by the principles of "fair use." No user may copy or distribute electronic materials without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
By using this wireless access network the user acknowledges that he/she is subject to, and agrees to abide by, all laws, and all rules and regulations of the State of California and the federal government that are applicable to Internet use.
Wireless access is by nature an insecure medium. As with most public wireless networks, any information being sent or received over the Court’s wireless network could potentially be intercepted by another wireless user. Users should not transmit their credit card information, passwords and any other sensitive personal information while using any wireless "hot spot."
Anyone using the wireless network provided by the Court is forewarned that there can be no expectation of privacy when using the wireless network. Users assume all associated risks and agree to hold harmless the Court and its employees for any personal information (e.g., credit card) that is compromised, or for any damage caused to user's hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking. All users of wireless access should have up‐to‐date virus protection on their personal laptop computers or wireless devices.
The Court is providing wireless connectivity in this facility as a public service and offers no guarantees or representations that use of the wireless connection is in anyway secure, or that any privacy can be protected when using this wireless connection. Use of this wireless connection is entirely at the risk of the user, and the Court is not responsible for any loss of any information that may arise from the use of the wireless connection, nor is the Court responsible for any loss, injury, or damages resulting from the use of the wireless connection.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- You will need a notebook/laptop computer or other device equipped with a wireless card that supports one of the following Wi‐Fi standards: IIEE 802.11b, g or n.
- The Court assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment. Users must keep their equipment with them at all times and may only use electrical outlets in public areas.
- As a courtesy to others, please turn off sound or utilize headphones while in court facilities.
- PLEASE NOTE: Printing access is not available to the public via the wireless connection.
- COURT STAFF WILL NOT PROVIDE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE. The Court assumes no responsibility for laptop configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the Court’s wireless network and cannot guarantee that a user's hardware will work with the Court’s wireless connection.
- If a user has problems accessing the Internet over these connections, STAFF WILL NOT ASSIST IN MAKING CHANGES TO THE USER'S NETWORK SETTINGS OR PERFORM ANY TROUBLESHOOTING ON THE USER'S OWN COMPUTER. Users should refer to their owner's manuals or other support services offered by their device manufacturer.
- ACCESS IS NOT GUARANTEED AND use of the wireless access provided by the Court is a courtesy extended by the Court. The Court reserves the unfettered discretion to deny or terminate access to anyone at anytime.