The superior court provides interpreters for the following case types:

  • Criminal
  • Traffic
  • Juvenile
  • Domestic violence

The superior court does not provide court interpreters for Small Claims and Civil Matters:

  • If a party calls a witness for whom an interpreter is required, the party shall provide, in advance, for the interpreter and shall be responsible for his or her compensation.
  • If an interpreter is required to assist the mediation process, a family member should not be used as the interpreter without the consent of the other party and opposing counsel.
  • The interpreter's role shall be limited to that of interpreting, not offering, opinions or suggestions.