Visit the California Courts state-wide self help center. It is loaded with helpful information.
Two videos are available that provide self-represented litigants with information about procedures, advisory services, and mediation programs for small claims and unlawful detainer cases. Each video is approximately 20 minutes in length and is available with English, Spanish, and Russian narration and subtitles:
- Resolving Your Small Claims Case in the California Courts
- Resolving Your Eviction Case in the California Courts
Please note that some actions, such as Stepparent Adoption Requests, may involve local forms as well as Judicial Council forms. Please contact the superior court clerk, room 201, at the county courthouse in Visalia, CA. Or call 559-730-5000 for more information.
- LawHelp: A web site dedicated to helping low-income Californians solve legal problems.
- Virtual Self-Help Law Center: A link to the Superior Court of California, Contra Costa County website which features useful resources to help learn about court procedures, and find forms.
Self Help Resource Center - Family Law Facilitator
The Self Help Resource Center offers classes and services to the public:
- Family Law Facilitator
- 3400 West Mineral King, Suite C
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:30am to 4:30pm, Friday, 8:30am to 11:30am
- South County Justice Center Self-Help Resource Center
- 300 E. Olive
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Friday, 8:30 am to 11:30 am
Webcam services are available from the following locations:
- Woodlake Family Resource Center
- 168 E. Valencia
- Lindsay Healthy Start
- 400 E. Hermosa
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30am to 4:00pm, Friday, 8:30am to 12:00pm